FSMap is an application that brings paper charts into the digital age. It consists of two parts that can be used separate or together; the main FSMap program and the FSMap gauge that will be part of your aircraft panel. Fully licensed VFR charts for Austria, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland included.
FSMap The main application is both the ‘map manager’ and a stand-alone Moving Map that can run on the same system or on a separate computer.
Moving Map mode When connected to FS (FS2002/FS2004 and FSX are supported) the moving map function of FSMap will show your position on the digital maps in your collection. The moment you get into a location that is covered by another map it will be loaded automatically, for example when you get close to an airport it could load that airport approach chart and when you get close to an ILS it could load the ILS approach chart for that runway, all automatically. All map manipulations are done using very fast routines so even large charts rotate, zoom and move fluently and you can choose from many different view options (north up/track up etc).
When not connected to FS it is still a very powerful map viewer with superb manipulation tools and some fine options. For example it can show all traffic and controllers for the online flying community. So you can see where the action is before going online and even at what gate you friend is all the data is presented on top of your own charts in real time.
Manage Map mode In this mode you can add, remove and edit maps. Any kind of bitmap file can be imported, from ocean route maps to highly detailed taxi charts and as long as you know the lat/lon of two points on the chart you can calibrate it so it can be used by FSMap. All maps are stored and managed in regions so even if you have hundreds of maps in the system it’s is easy to find the map you need.
Manage Gauge & Rebuild Navigation Database mode In these utility modes you can add the FSMap gauge to aircraft panels in a most comfortable way. Using simple drag and drop options you add the gauge to an aircraft panel, assign click zones and even hot keys. Real easy, real fast. As soon as you add new scenery files you can rebuild the database. It will extract al information about airports, runways, navaids from FS so it can be used by the systems.
The Gauge Installed as part of an aircraft panel is a gauge that is based on the well known Garmin GMX 200. This multifunction instrument combines a Moving Map with a Traffic Collision Alert System and the novel SafeTaxi feature.
The Moving Map can access all the charts you have activated in the FSMap Windows application. Your own position will be shown on the charts and all relevant information (altitude, speed etc) will be shown as well. When a flight plan is loaded the route is shown and the bearing and distance to the next waypoint is given as well. With a single glance you will be able to see if your aircraft is in the correct location.
The Traffic Collision Alert System checks if there are aircraft too close to your aircraft and alerts you to their presence. When the other aircraft seems to be on a collision course the alert status will be increased and audio warnings will be heard.
The SafeTaxi option overlays airport diagrams on top of the charts. When you zoom in you will see a detailed chart of the airport you are on. The data for these maps is taken directly from FS so you do not need to have special charts for this
- Supports Flight Simulator 2004 and X (no service packs required)
- FS2004/FSX gauge that simulates parts of the Garmin GMX 200 features
- External application that supports direct or remote connections to FS2004/FSX (via FSUIPC or SimConnect when using FSX)
- Moving Map
that additionally displays:
- Aircraft status (e.g. Speed, Heading, Altitude, etc.)
- AI, Multiplayer and Online Traffic (IVAO and VATSIM networks are supported)
- Flight Plan
- Compass Rose
- IVAO and VATSIM FIRs and active zones (external Application only!)
- Airport, Navaid and City overlays
- Airport details AFCAD / SafeTaxi (Gauge only!)
- Several track view modes (e.g. Track Up, North Up, etc.)
- Map filtering based on types (e.g. IFR, VFR, Airport, etc.), altitudes and priorities
- Easy Map calibration with a few clicks
- Import or export your Map configuration and share them with other FSMap users
- FSMovingMap configuration import
- Traffic Collision Alert System (Visual and/or Audio) and Traffic filtering
- A simple VFR flight plan editor allows you to quickly create a FS flight plan
- Easily measure distance, bearing and required aircraft heading (taking wind conditions into account) between two points on a map
- External application supports multi monitor systems and full screen mode display
and much more ...
and the Visual Basic 6 / C++ Runtimes and Components - will be installed automatically
- Pentium 1GHz (3GHz Dual Core recommended)
- 2GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- min. screen resolution 1024x768 (1280x1024 recommended) with 32bit colors
- ca. 250MB Hard drive space + Additional Maps